Friday, December 3, 2010

Becoming Part of a Legacy

As I look back on this semester I see that I have changed in many ways. I have become accustomed to life as a college student. I am living on my own now in a new city. I am now a proud part of a rich tradition and the legacy that is Howard University. Freshman seminar has helped me to take a new look into the history of Africa and how that relates to me. In any given one hour session of this class I learned more about African and African American history than I have in any other class I have ever taken. This class has helped me to learn about the history of my ancestors and how the beginning and basis for civilization all stem from ancient Egypt. I am happy that this was a required class and I would have taken it even if it weren’t. The lectures were all informative and I was able to take something from each one of them. The trip to New York also allowed me to learn about the American history that isn’t taught in schools. Overall freshman seminar has helped me to evolve into shaping the person and character that I look forward to one day being remembered as.

No comments:

Post a Comment